27 June 2012 Magazyn Conrad – the first issue has come out!
Today’s issue of Tygodnik Powszechny is accompanied by the first of a series of supplements heralding this year’s edition of the Conrad Festival.
In the first issue of the magazine:
- the festival’s artistic director, Professor Michał Paweł Markowski, explains the idea of this year’s edition of the festival, organised under the theme of: Think: Literature
- Grzegorz Jankowicz introduces the figure of one of the festival’s guests, Turkish Nobel Prize winner Orhan Pamuk, whose novels sell hundreds of thousands of copies in Poland
- Jerzy Franczak writes about the works of eminent Hungarian prose writer Peter Esterhazy, who plays with conventions in his new novels, writing about the Hungarians’ national history
- Szymon Kloska talks about one of the most popular contemporary Czech writers, Michal Viewegh
- Agnieszka Wolny-Hamkało talks with Magdalena Tulli about beauty and form, about superstitions related to literature and a strange writing profession
Magazyn Conrad is available for purchase beginning today, until the 3rd of July along with Tygodnik Powszechny.