16 October 2015 There are only three days left until the Conrad Festival!
There are only three days left until the Conrad Festival! It’s high time to set up your festival calendar. There is plenty to choose from – Alexievich, Spiró, Tavares, Myśliwski, Franzen, Tokarczuk, Krall, Coover, Majd, Daoud, Szczygieł, Tochman – these are only some of our festival guests.
We also invite you to take part in the vernissages, workshops, bookshop meetings with the stars of the festival, as well as our themed programmes – film, children’s, artistic, Lithuanian, industry - and much more!
Don’t forget about the virtual side of the Festival. You can not only follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or check our website (where reports from meetings and more will be posted), but also watch our live transmissions on Periscope (they can be viewed for 24 hours after the meeting). The links to the transmissions will be available on our Twitter.
The anticipation is rising – starting on Monday, we’ll be swimming against the current! See you at the Conrad Festival!
Periscope transmission schedule
- “Russia’s unwomanly face[A1] ”. A meeting with Svetlana Alexievich, 19 October, 5:00 pm.
- “Taming the World”. A meeting with Wiesław Myśliwski, 19 October, 8:00 pm.
- “Violence and imagination”. Discussion: Leonidas Donskis, Tomas Venclova, 20 October, 3:00 pm.
- “A translator of cultures”. A meeting with Hooman Majd, 20 October, 7:00 pm.
- “Missing worlds”. A meeting with Olga Tokarczuk, 20 October, 8:30 pm.
- Polish fictions”. Discussion: Inga Iwasiów, Wit Szostak, Agnieszka Taborska, 21 October, 1:00 pm.
- “Agon, the muse of gamers”. Discussion: Igor Sarzyński, Jakub Szamałek, 21 October, 5:00 pm.
- “Postmodernism isn’t what you think”. A meeting with Robert Coover, 21 October, 8:00 pm.
- “Another Africa”. A meeting with Kamel Daoud, 22 October, 6:00 pm.
- “KRALL”. A meeting with Hanna Krall, with Mariusz Szczygieł and Wojciech Tochman, 22 October, 8:00 pm.
- „Minority report: women and Kurds in Aslı Erdoğan’s Turkey”, 23 October, 3:00 pm.
- “Messiahs”. A meeting with György Spiró, 23 October, 6:30 pm.
- “The man from the literary neighbourhood”. A meeting with Gonçalo M. Tavares, 24 October, 6:00 pm.
- “A correction of the world”. A meeting with Jonathan Franzen, 24 October, 9:00 pm.
- “Kiwka, or about modern life”. A meeting with Michał Paweł Markowski, 25 October, 5:30 pm.
- Conrad Award Gala, with Jonathan Franzen’s lecture “How to write”. 25 October, 8:00 pm.