3 September 2019 Volunteer at the 2019 Conrad Festival!
The largest literary festival in Central Europe will once again bring the hottest names of the world of literature to Krakow. This year, the list of 150 guests includes artists such as Chimamanda, Ngozi Adichie, Dmitry Bykov, Mona Chollet, Didier Eribon, Mariusz Szczygieł and Zyta Rudzka. Join us in the preparations of the 11th edition of the Conrad Festival – Realities – which will take place on 21–27 October this year.
Do you want to become a guide for one of our international guests? Perhaps you’d like to take care of the festival audience? Or maybe you’d rather join the lively press centre to work with journalists and work in the event’s social media? If you’re interested in the ins and outs of organising a cultural event from behind the scenes, join our team during the most exciting and intense week of October – see for yourself how the most important literary festival in Poland is made!
We are looking for responsible, energetic and creative people who will work alongside us to prepare and run the event.
What can you gain as a volunteer?
- You will take part in the preparation of the most important literary festival in Poland and one of the most important festivals in Europe.
- You will have an opportunity to try your hand at organising a cultural event, as well as identify and develop your professional competencies – responsiveness, building relationships and communication.
- You will learn more about the Conrad Festival, the Krakow – UNESCO City of Literature programme and cultural life in Krakow.
- You will develop practical skills and abilities useful in cultural life animation – openness, flexibility, communication, resistance to stress, teamwork.
- You will get a chance to participate in a year-long volunteer programme, organised by the Krakow Festival Office and related to selected fields, including literature, music and film.
- You will have accident insurance for the duration of the Festival.
- you know foreign languages (good command of English is required, other languages are also welcome);
- you are interested in literature;
- you know your culture and you want to take part in creating cultural events;
- want to meet outstanding writers and translators, as well as talk to interesting people from the world of literature;
- you are responsible and organised;
- you are not afraid of hard work and having to react quickly;
- you want to gain invaluable experience in organising cultural events:
fill in the application form at https://ankieta.biurofestiwalowe.pl/426984?lang=en
Keep in mind to attach your resume – this is required for your application to be considered in the recruitment process. We are waiting for your applications until 7 October 2019. See you!
Much more than just pictures on paper! Comics section at the Conrad Festival 13 September 2019
Reading together – at bedtime and more! Presenting events for children and families at the Conrad Festival 4 September 2019
The realities of Polish literature Conrad Festival presents its first accompanying stream 28 August 2019